Qiao is a core leader of McKinsey’s Travel, Logistics & Infrastructure Practice in greater China. He has advised significant organizations in the region, including bulk-shipping, container-shipping, airlines, airports, and logistics companies. Qiao’s primary areas of expertise include strategic planning, organizational transformation, M&A, and merger management.
Examples of Qiao’s recent client projects include the following:
- helping a multinational shipping-and-ports group with its five-year corporate strategy and implementation, including the growth of its container, bulk, tanker, cruise, port, ocean, and forwarding businesses
- supporting two large shipping-sector M&A projects with post-merger management, including new strategy, synergy identification, master planning, organizational setup, communication, and merger-management office setup, which helped it expand
- advising a large European port on its development strategy, including container, cruise, ship repair, ancillary business, and logistics parks, which helped the port achieve previously unseen growth
- supporting an Asian air-freight forwarding company with its development strategy in a large Asian nation, which included identifying the partnership model with local airport authorities and increasing its overall ROI
- helping a Chinese airline develop its five-year strategy
- assisting a Chinese airport group in develop its corporate strategy
Qiao is fluent in Chinese, English, and French. Prior to joining McKinsey, he gained a great deal of experience working in the corporate strategy and M&A sectors.