Peter is a partner based in the Frankfurt office, where he primarily advises clients across industries including telecoms, high-tech, automotive, and consumer goods on operations transformation, supply chain, and procurement topics. He coleads our efforts in environmentally-sustainable operations and is a leader of McKinsey’s work in product development and procurement in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa region.
Working across geographies, Peter focuses on environmental sustainability as he advises business leaders on ESG strategy, carbon accounting and tracking, supplier sustainability transformations, and supply chain decarbonization.
Examples of Peter’s recent work include the following:
- leading McKinsey's support for the ‘SOS 1.5’ effort of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), including supporting the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry alliance on establishing end-to-end supply chain carbon transparency
- helping a global FMCG company establish their carbon-neutral supplier collaboration and decarbonization program
- supporting a diversified pharma and life sciences company to launch a decarbonization transformation, including emission baselining, science-based target setting, and decarbonization roadmap definition
- helping establish the WBCSD carbon transparency pathfinder to track emissions along the full tier-n value chain among an alliance of top global FMCG companies, their suppliers, and technology players
- helping to build an alliance of FMCG companies targeting to influence end-to-end consumer supply chains to become more efficient and sustainable
- supporting a large FMCG company to identify alternative, green chemicals and materials replacing traditional oleo-chemical sources
- leading the end-to-end transformation program at a major wind turbine manufacturer, identifying and reducing waste and capturing cost reduction opportunities along the full value chain
- helping a consumer company think through their decarbonization target setting and realization strategy
- leading the design-to-value capability transformation at a global telco, incorporating latest design for sustainability and carbon cleansheet thinking
- leading a comprehensive, multiyear design-to-value transformation for an electronics and medical devices company covering more than 100 product categories