Patrick serves consumer-facing clients on a broad array of topics ranging from strategy to organizational design.
He coleads our practice group focused on helping consumer-facing companies in unleashing organizational potential. Since joining the firm in 2012, Patrick has drawn on his expertise to reimagine organizations and has focused his advisory work on helping leading companies improve their organization design and pursue end-to-end operating model transformations. He is also coauthor of McKinsey’s State of Organizations report.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- guiding an operating model redesign effort for a leading consumer-goods company that included adjusting global, regional, and local structures and governance approaches
- directing an operating model transformation initiative for a retail e-commerce start-up
- helping a consumer-goods company shift its corporate portfolio to find new sources of growth, including entering new business areas and making acquisitions
- leading an end-to-end business model transformation for a global consumer-goods company that improved the performance of the corporate center and value chain processes, including consumer insights and digitization
- helping the leaders of a consumer company reorganize the enterprise to increase efficiency, speed, and agility
- leading a transformation program for a leading consumer-goods company that fostered faster decision making by putting new ways of working in place.
Keenly interested in industry-level dynamics, Patrick publishes frequently on how leaders can tailor their company’s operating approach to stay ahead of changing market conditions.