Pamela advises organizations on their digital and analytics transformations, working directly with each to assess its maturity and strengthen its capabilities. She is a leader in defining McKinsey’s approach to digital, analytics, and tech talent, having helped develop diagnostic solutions for determining companies’ maturity and talent needs in these areas.
She has extensive experience helping global companies with digital and analytics topics that include marketing and sales, digital strategy, capability building, use-case road-map development, digital- and technology-workforce planning, and talent strategy.
Examples of Pamela’s recent work include the following:
- developing a digital strategy for an asset-management company, including diagnostics, detailed road map of a three-year strategy, reinvention of their distribution business with an initial implementation of four analytics use cases, and a later scale-up in other business areas
- developing a talent diagnostic for a 5,000-person IT organization to enable information officers and IT managers to drive decisions around agility and talent, and advised the head of data on operating-model and analytics opportunities
- supporting a global bank on its analytics-strategic road map, conducting value-at-stake analyses and domain prioritization across priority markets, and capability assessments using McKinsey’s analytics quotient, as well as developing recommendations for refreshing their analytics strategy
- helping a Latin American bank define talent required for priority analytics use cases across back office, marketing, and risk, and led workshops on talent strategy, planning, and management
- leading the advanced-analytics diagnostic of an automotive distributor over the course of three years to measure performance and benchmark capabilities, including setting up an analytics team and defining impact measures
In addition to her degrees in business administration and marketing and communications from the Latin University of Costa Rica, Pamela has also earned advanced certificates in sales growth, analytics translation, and executive leadership from Cornell University, Carnegie Mellon University, and MIT.