Nikhil is a partner in McKinsey’s Houston office and leads our work on decarbonization in the energy, chemicals, and materials industries in North America. He helps clients implement decarbonization transformations at asset and company level, launch zero-carbon products, establish decarbonization hubs, and set energy-transition strategies.
His recent client projects include the following:
- advising leading energy and chemical companies on corporate strategy
- helping clients develop growth plans for new energy businesses, including circular plastics, hydrogen, and carbon capture, usage, and storage
- supporting organizations while executing large-scale performance transformations
- working on a range of ecosystem decarbonization activities
- advising credit and equity investors on investing in energy transition and decarbonization activities
Nikhil also leads McKinsey’s support for a major energy-transition initiative, a large hydrogen hub, and a national hydrogen study.
Before joining McKinsey, Nikhil worked as a rig manager and drilling engineer. He has an MBA from INSEAD and a bachelor’s from the Indian Institute of Technology.