Matt, who leads McKinsey’s work on consumer-packaged-goods operations in the United Kingdom, is a leader of our work on consumer goods, Zero-based Productivity, and supply-chain management in Europe.
Matt’s work focuses on the optimization of SG&A costs and integrated operations, with particular emphasis on supporting consumer-packaged-goods and retail companies through ZBP and end-to-end supply-chain optimization. He works with clients to understand the nuances of their business models and the challenges and opportunities they face, helping them use their operations to deliver distinctive value.Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- working with a global beverage company to deliver more than £200 million of productivity improvements through ZBP and organizational effectiveness
- supporting a European food producer to apply ZBP across its cost base, transforming corporate functions (including marketing, sales, R&D, finance, and HR) and plant operations to deliver €100 million in productivity improvements
- working with two leading food distributors on postmerger preparation, identifying more than $400 million in synergies and developing value-capture plans
- helping a $30 billion global beverage company redesign its supply-chain operating model to improve customer service and save $100 million by consolidating plants and warehouses
- developing a comprehensive supply-chain strategy for a $10 billion global apparel maker to enable 50 percent top-line growth over the following five years through strategic initiatives and the development of capabilities
Matt has more than 20 years’ experience driving successful business-performance improvements and strategic transformations. Before joining McKinsey, he held senior operational roles at a US retailer of home-improvement supplies.