Mathias advises B2C companies on a range of marketing and strategy issues, including digital and advanced-analytics transformation, commercial transformation, multichannel strategies, and digital marketing. He leads McKinsey’s advanced-marketing work in Africa, Europe, and the Middle East, supporting clients on issues such as insights solutions, branding, personalization at scale, and agile operating models for marketing.
Examples of Mathias’ recent client projects include the following:
- developing and executing a significant digital and analytics transformation for a leading European multichannel, nonfood retailer
- designing and delivering a large-scale, multiyear commercial-transformation program for a leading European utility
- creating a multichannel pricing strategy and pricing-optimization approach for a leading European consumer-electronics retailer
- developing a multichannel and multicustomer touchpoints strategy, including e-commerce, customer-relationship-management, and service-portfolio areas, for a leading European consumer-electronics retailer
- defining an innovative B2C services portfolio, including idea generation, concept development, testing, and piloting along the entire go-to-market model, for a large German logistics and services company
- developing an e-commerce strategy, including a go-to-market model, operations, financial planning, and implementation planning, for a large, vertically integrated European apparel company