Manu is a partner in McKinsey’s London office, focusing on financial services and private equity. Manu serves banks in the United Kingdom and Europe and advises them on commercial banking and capital markets topics as well as private equity and principal investors across the deal cycle and on portfolio company value creation. Manu leads McKinsey’s service to financial data, infrastructure, and technology providers in Europe, spanning exchange groups, post-trade services providers, and financial data and analytics firms.
Manu’s areas of expertise include growth strategy, commercial due diligence, exit support, M&A strategy, synergy capture, and digital business building and transformation. Manu has been involved in more than 45 commercial and vendor due-diligence processes and more than 30 strategy engagements with financial services and private equity portfolio companies.
Examples of Manu’s recent client work include the following:
- supporting a leading capital markets infrastructure group in its post-merger integration with a global financial information services company, including work on synergies and target operating models
- partnering with a global capital markets technology provider to reimagine their front-to-back offering to clients across the securities trading value chain
- advising a European post trade services company on articulating their strategic narrative and growth plan
- supporting a financial technology provider in their commercial due diligence on a trading software asset
- helping a global private equity firm assess a target in the capital markets software space
- leading the commercial due diligence of a global financial news and content provider for a leading European media house
- serving a large UK regional bank on several topics, spanning commercial banking strategy, technology transformation, and payments and partnerships strategies
- advising a Middle Eastern institutional investor on their financial services M&A strategy
- supporting a large capital markets infrastructure company on their business unit and acquisition strategies across the regulatory reporting and post-trade space
- leading the exit preparation for a systemically important capital markets infrastructure organization in the mutual fund space
- partnering with a large financial services-focused European private equity firm on defining governance and on their portfolio-optimization strategy
Prior to joining McKinsey, Manu was a synthetic fixed income trader at Deutsche Bank in London, where he traded instruments linked to fixed income indices for four years, covering both vanilla products such as exchange traded funds (ETFs) and structured products for institutional investors.
Manu has an MBA from Columbia University, where his area of focus was finance and economics. Prior to that, he completed an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.