Jonathan is a partner in McKinsey’s global Technology, Media & Telecommunications Practice based in San Francisco. He first joined the firm in 2005 in the United States and recently moved back to San Francisco after four years in Amsterdam leading our work in software in Europe. He helps lead the firm’s service for the software industry and advises tech clients around the world on efficiency and growth topics.
Examples of Jonathan’s recent project experiences include:
- board strategy for a global vertical software company assessing impact of cloud on core business and opportunities to diversify beyond core vertical, driving double-digit, long-term growth after multiple flat years
- growth strategy for a European midsize software company, focusing core portfolio on select market segments and shifting to a subscription business model across new acquisitions and the legacy business
- sales model redesign and implementation for a leading global cloud provider across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, shifting away from on-premise products to cloud based solutions focused on business outcome and driving strong double-digit growth
- maintenance pricing transformation for a middleware software company based in North America, increasing actual price realized and associated margin by three points
- channel strategy for a leading software vendor shifting its business model from perpetual license to subscriptions and cloud, driving 15 percent improvement in overall sales productivity
- M&A and exit support for midsize companies based in Europe, including the IPO of a remote management and connectivity software organization, the IPO of cloud management and migration services organization, and an asset management software exit to a strategic buyer
- end-to-end transformation of a PE-held enterprise software company, improving run-rate EBITDA margin by 25 percent in two quarters
- global go-to-market (direct and indirect) design and rollout for a leading high-tech company, impacting over 10,000 sales people in more than 150 countries and returning the company to profitable growth after multiple years of declining revenues
Prior to joining McKinsey, Jonathan worked as a senior news producer and assignment editor for Galei Zahal Radio in Israel. While attending Columbia University to earn his MBA, he participated in an exchange program at San Andres University in Buenos Aires. In addition to English, Jonathan is fluent in French, Spanish, and Hebrew.