Jon is the head of our Digital Payments group within the Financial Services Practice. He offers advisory support primarily to banks and other financial companies, including asset managers, lenders, credit card issuers, and transaction processors.
Working closely with executives, he helps companies better understand their customers and define more meaningful consumer segmentations. With these insights, clients then make more productive use of marketing and sales investments and pursue a broader range of product opportunities and strategies. As digital platforms continue to evolve, Jon helps executives develop new digital products and pursue innovative business models.
Examples of his work include the following:
- establishing a customer segmentation approach for the lending unit of a US bank, focusing on better addressing the needs of consumers
- designing a new go-to-market strategy for an international payments company to bring new digital payments products to market
- guiding a large US auto lender through the process to improve its customer pricing approach
- helping a US credit card issuer grow the business by developing needs-based consumer segmentation, redesigning the product line, and expanding digitally to new consumers
- helping a global cross-border payments company be more digitally focused—designing a 5-year strategy, identifying acquisitions, enhancing digital product development, and establishing a digital approach to customer life-cycle management
Jon holds a law degree from Yale University. Before that, he was a right-handed pitcher in the Milwaukee Brewers organization, selected in the third round of the 2001 Major League Baseball draft.