Joel is a partner in McKinsey’s Washington, DC office and part of the Marketing & Sales Practice. In his current role, Joel advises executives at global consumer-goods organizations. He helps food and beverage, personal-care, beauty, and household goods companies find new sources of growth by boosting performance in areas such as brand-portfolio strategy, revenue growth management, and the execution of global acquisitions.
Joel helps leading organizations accelerate profitable growth by identifying bold actions that combine advanced analytics, consumer and shopper insights, and category and customer implications. He has a global footprint, having led studies in more than 20 geographies—including Western and Eastern Europe, Southeast Asia, Latin America, and North America.
Examples of Joel’s work include the following:
- helping a global beverage organization develop and implement RGM strategies across more than 20 geographies
- setting the M&A strategy for a global personal-care company, enabling them to step-change value creation through programmatic M&A
- driving a multimarket revenue growth management program for a global snacking manufacturer
- shaping the brand and revenue growth management strategy for a US-based brewer
- defining the portfolio strategy for a US-based baked goods company
Drawing on around a decade of client service experience, Joel is actively involved in knowledge creation and dissemination of the topic of revenue growth management. Joel is also active in the firm’s diversity and inclusion initiatives, having had leadership roles in the Hispanic and Latino Network.
Before joining McKinsey, Joel held multiple academic roles at BarcelonaTech and MIT. He speaks English, Catalan, and Spanish fluently, and has professional understanding of Portuguese, French, and Italian.