Jay helps leading firms in the global insurance industry deliver improved results and sustained growth as part of their strategy and transformations. He works across life insurance, annuity, and property-casualty businesses.
Examples of Jay’s recent client work include the following:
- developing the business-unit strategy for an annuity provider focused on improving returns while identifying next-generation growth opportunities
- enhancing a property-casualty carrier’s positioning with investors compared to competitors by applying a new segmentation analysis
- supporting a global insurer’s strategy to increase its emerging markets presence including through new partnerships
- advancing a multi-national carrier’s efforts to transform its business, enhance product offerings, and explore acquisition opportunities
- crafting a life insurer’s adjacent growth opportunities that would leverage its strengths and customer relationships
In addition to his client work, Jay authors reports on strategic issues confronting the insurance industry and contributes to industry publications.
Before joining McKinsey, Jay was a managing director at a leading financial services firm in New York where he led the US Insurance industry equity research effort. He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.