Imke leads McKinsey’s Engineering, Construction & Building Materials Practice in Europe, working with clients in building materials and distribution on growth strategies and large-scale performance transformations. She has led numerous strategies in the building materials sector in Europe and globally on how to double revenue—organically and inorganically—while increasing profitability, defining the sustainability agenda, and helping execute performance transformations which led to an EBITDA increase of between three to eight percentage points.
Examples of her work include the following:
- developing a digital strategy for a European building materials distribution group
- performing due diligences for European building materials companies, which included insulation, distribution, construction chemicals, and windows—plus detailed market assessments of select markets to analyze industry trends
- leading sales-excellence diagnostics across several business units of a European building materials company
- assisting in holistic operations-improvement programs for several large European building materials companies, including over 80 plants focused in bricks, roof tiles, insulation, and plaster board; the main levers were around network optimization, manufacturing optimization, improvement of supply chain cost, and product complexity, roughly 30 to 40 percent
- creating the sustainability strategy for how to reduce CO2 created through production for a large building materials supplier