Hugues leads our Aerospace & Defense Practice in Europe. In this capacity, he serves as a core advanced-industries leader. Since joining the firm in 2005, Hugues has helped industrial-equipment manufacturers, commodities companies, and investors by focusing on M&A transactions, growth, portfolio rebalancing, product development, and competitive positioning.
Hugues works with clients around the globe and leads growth projects for companies in the industrial-equipment, electric-power, mining, oil and gas, and private-equity sectors. He oversees transformational change programs when organizations seek to pursue new growth priorities.
Examples of his recent work the following:
- leading a large number of due diligences for private-equity groups and corporations in the water technology, equipment, and services space
- helping the board and the senior management of a leading oil field services company reset its asset strategy and manage the implications for capital-market and midterm financial planning
- helping a manufacturer of power-generation equipment redefine its services sales strategy by resegmenting its market and developing product offerings tailored to the new segments.
- supporting the redesign of the innovation and product launch process and organization at a leading power-electronics company; this accelerated critical product launches, enhanced capabilities for engineering and product-development teams, and reprioritized the innovation agenda
- leading the transformation of a large engineering group for a leading supplier of oil and gas equipment
- conducting a dozen due-diligence market scans in a variety of industrial sectors—including specialty chemicals, steel, and shipping—for a private-equity group with more than $50 billion in assets under management
Hugues is a native French speaker, fluent in English, and conversant in German. He is on the board of the fundraising committee for Centrale Supélec.