Hidayat is passionate about building technology-enabled organizations. For more than a decade, he has supported operational transformations of energy and mining clients by improving productivity and performance, optimizing manufacturing and supply chains, and enabling organizational change through capability-building programs. During this time, he also initiated and led McKinsey’s Metals & Mining Practice in Southeast Asia.
Hidayat returned to McKinsey in 2020 to continue working with clients from various industries, after serving as the chief strategy officer at a leading tech startup in Southeast Asia.
Hidayat works with organizations in banking, telecommunications, basic materials, and the public sector on a range of strategic and operational topics. Drawing on his experience as an executive, consultant, and engineer, he advises on growth, corporate strategy, financing, operations, and digital.
Select examples of his client work include the following:
- supporting a conglomerate to transform its financial services business—including banking, health insurance, general insurance, multi-finance, and asset management businesses—and implement performance management
- advising on a five-year business strategy that incorporates technology disruption to both consumer and SME segments for a state-owned bank
- leading the post-acquisition integration of commodity-producing assets resulting in costs reduction by 20 percent and revenue lift by 10 percent
- supporting a ministry of state-owned enterprises in strategy development—including a vision and priorities
- conducting a fintech strategy covering loans to micro, small, and medium enterprises, wealth management, and general insurance for a mobile platform
- supporting the development of a holding company, resulting in the largest general insurance entity in one of the ASEAN countries
Outside McKinsey, Hidayat enjoys sports and traveling with his wife and two children.