Giacomo is an associate partner in McKinsey’s London office, focusing on aerospace, defense and the space sector, where he leads the firm’s work in Europe.
He works with companies in the space ecosystem - spanning the public sector, OEMs, investors, and disruptors - to help improve collaboration and innovation, supporting them to meet challenging objectives and lean into opportunities through operations transformation and go-to-market strategy.
Examples of Giacomo’s recent projects include the following:
- developing industry-government partnerships to deliver defense-support solutions
- defining strategy and business plan to develop a zero-emissions aircraft
- performing strategic portfolio assessment for a global aerospace engine OEM
- analyzing the global reliance on space infrastructure
- implementing operations-excellence and go-to-market strategies for global aerospace, defense, and space companies
Prior to joining McKinsey, Giacomo was a researcher in the space sector, where he focused on innovative technologies applied to space exploration.
He is passionate about aerospace, sustainability, STEM education, entrepreneurship, and the role of users in innovation.