Emily is a leader within McKinsey’s Retail Practice in North America. She focuses on breakout growth as well as advanced analytics issues, including pricing, promotions, and assortment with restaurant, grocery, drug, apparel, specialty retailers, and consumer-packaged-goods clients.
She also leads the firm’s pricing and margin management client service across the Americas.
Examples of Emily’s recent client experience include the following:
- building and pursuing long-range growth strategy and targeting exercise for a global restaurant
- ·optimizing pricing, promotion, and markdown for a US apparel department store
- installing advanced analytics promotions, an assortment solution, and category strategy for a large US grocer
- installing promotions forecasting and a workflow tool, with full promotions planning and execution redesign and merchant-capability-building program for a large US grocer
- implementing a pricing strategy and resetting prices across three major markets for a global vertical apparel company
- designing the franchisee and field-structure operating model for a global retailer
- leading multiple retail and consumer-packaged-goods due diligences