Elias is a leader in McKinsey’s Financial Services Practice, serving clients on issues ranging from strategy to credit risk and from digital marketing to advanced analytics. He also leads the firm’s work across Latin America on enterprise risk management and data strategy.
Examples of Elias’s recent client projects include the following:
- advising a Latin American financial conglomerate on an advanced-analytics strategy using modern methodologies, agile modeling techniques, and next-generation data platforms
- helping a large Latin American institution to establish a center of excellence for risk advanced analytics, covering road map, business cases, capability building, and infrastructure
- supporting an incumbent-payments company with strategy redesign, including segmenting customers, defining the value proposition, developing the go-to-market approach, and identifying operational and technology enablers
- reviewing a financial conglomerate’s approach to stress testing and helping to integrate it into risk appetite, planning, budgeting, and strategic decision making
- conducting a comprehensive review of credit-risk practices at a leading universal bank, with an analysis of end-to-end credit processes in retail and wholesale segments and the development of a model portfolio, organizational structure, governance, and culture
- helping a large bank to overhaul its collections structure and strategy, including product offering, client strategy, internal capabilities, and third-party management