Eileen is a senior expert in transactions in the Strategy & Corporate Finance Practice. She has more than 15 years of experience at McKinsey, counseling companies across diverse industries on transactions and business development, including M&A, due diligence, merger management, joint venture and alliance strategy, design, and implementation. She leads McKinsey’s work in joint ventures and alliances for the Americas.
Examples of Eileen’s recent client work include the following:
- conducting a structured review of the M&A, joint ventures and alliances processes, and organizational design for a medical device company, including the development of an M&A and integration playbook and designing a partnership health check
- developing the governance processes and resource coordination for a non-profit partnership of multiple parties across borders
- evaluating potential joint venture opportunities for a North American healthcare provider, including strategic rationale and conducting diligence on partners
- driving a clean team evaluation of an agricultural transaction, including optimal deal structure (merger versus joint venture), synergy assessment, and governance options
- assessing a market-entry joint venture for a major pharmaceutical company, including evaluating potential partners, deal structuring, operating-model design, financial modeling, and launch planning
- developing inorganic growth strategy for a consumer-products company, including creating of a deal evaluation process and evaluating priority targets
Prior to joining McKinsey, Eileen worked for a leading global investment banking firm in the merchant banking division.