Dumitru brings more than a decade of experience in serving energy and capital-intensive companies in North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. He focuses on strategy, commercialization, and contract negotiations in gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) and also supports clients with M&A deals, digitization, and broader transformations.
Examples of Dumitru’s recent client projects include the following:
- supporting a leading energy company in shaping its strategy to grow a multibillion global LNG-portfolio business
- advising on an industry-shaping M&A deal—including strategic idea generation, due diligence, negotiations, and integration planning—that delivered synergies 25 percent higher than expected within 24 months
- developing a growth strategy and identifying specific opportunities in the energy sector, including cross-market discontinuities driven by energy transition (such as renewables, energy storage, and carbon emissions)
- providing fact-based support in a price review for more than 10 long-term gas contracts situations, both buy and sell sides
- developing a winning commercial value proposition to secure attractive long-term contracts by understanding buyers’ needs and preferences
- helping a top 30 energy company with shaping and implementing a transformation program, resulting in the doubling of its share price in 18 months (across operational, procurement, digital, and organizational levers)
- driving the transformation of an energy asset, including operational and commercial levers, to reflect energy-transition priorities
- identifying multibillion-dollar digital-transformation potential—including an implementation road map (covering capabilities and change management)—supported by more than 50 concrete digital use cases (including 15 use cases to generate half of the total projected impact over next two to three years), for a leading energy business
Dumitru also leads McKinsey’s global gas and LNG team. He is the coauthor of the firm’s Global Gas & LNG Outlook overview and a contributor to the firm’s Global Energy Perspective summary. He has published several articles and is a regular speaker at leading industry forums, such as the Gastech Exhibition & Conference and the Flame Conference.