Dominik is a partner in McKinsey’s Munich office, where he coleads the McKinsey Industrial Software Hub in Europe. He serves industrial and automotive clients on software and tech modernization transitions from hardware to software, enabling clients to use software as a value and growth driver.
Dominik also partners with industrial businesses to help build lasting capabilities using software, including strategy, business model, and talent capabilities. He has led more than fifteen software-excellence transformations for industrial and automotive clients, and has co-written articles on software-related topics most recently focusing on software excellence in the automotive industry.
Some of his recent work includes the following:
- developing a software blueprint and transformation approach for a leading global high-tech company and identifying potential for improvement of about 20 percent through efficiency and effectiveness levers
- identifying potential for gaining more than 15 percent efficiency while developing a holistic software blueprint and transformation for a leading OEM in the automotive and high-tech sectors
- leading a software, operating, and business-building transformation for a leading global building-technology company, including transformations in customer experience, portfolio definition, organization design and sizing, and capability plan, as well as a product-delivery pilot to create a marketable product within twelve months
- crafting a software operating model and location strategy for a leading European industrial player, including defining the portfolio, making a capability diagnostic and resource plan, charting the organizational setup, selecting the location, and developing an implementation approach
- performing several commercial due diligence processes on construction tech organizations along the full value chain for private-equity companies and institutional investors, including an assessment of market growth, the competitive environment, and value creation levers