Detlev primarily serves clients in the airline, automotive, logistics, and mobility industries. He has worked extensively with leading multinational companies to implement strategies and transformations. He also coleads the firm’s crisis response and preparedness work.
Examples of Detlev’s recent client work include the following:
- designing and helping to implement large-scale programs to drive performance transformation, accelerated digitization, and improved productivity
- working with clients to transform their governance and create more agile and performance-oriented organizations
- shaping clients’ environmental, social, and governance strategies and defining roadmaps to decarbonization
- shaping and implementing strategies to capture opportunities in future mobility and transportation
- supporting clients in effectively responding to large-scale crises and advising on enhancing crisis preparedness
- helping clients shape digital strategies, road maps, and governance
Detlev is passionate about working with leading institutions to help successfully transform and capture opportunities in future mobility and transportation. He cofounded the McKinsey Center for Future Mobility and publishes research on related topics.
He has led perspectives on defining roadmaps to carbon neutrality for companies in Asia, as well as those in the logistics and infrastructure industries.