Deniz helps major banking and insurance companies develop growth and go-to-market strategies, incorporate digital and analytics into service operations, modernize operating models, and transform financial performance. He is a leader of our insurance underwriting and property-and-casualty insurance claim efforts in North America; he also leads the adoption of innovative service operations approaches in McKinsey’s Transformation Practice in the region.
His recent client work includes the following:
- leading the end-to-end transformation of the commercial lines underwriting process to reduce cycle times while improving quality and service levels for a leading US property and casualty insurer
- developing a predictive model to identify and flag highest-risk workers compensation claims to improve claimant outcomes and provide greater service for a leading US multiline property and casualty carrier
- creating a go-to-market strategy for a leading analytics-focused private equity-owned insurance technology company
- developing a multiyear corporate growth strategy for a publicly traded diversified banking-services provider
- evaluating the market attractiveness of specific segments of the global life insurance, retirement, and asset management market for a leading North American life insurer
- redesigning the global operating model to improve service, quality, and efficiency through creating new centers of excellence, management systems, and processes for a leading global specialty lines insurer
Deniz is active in the Minneapolis-St. Paul community, serving on the board of directors of the YMCA of the North. He also served as the chair of the risk-management advisory board for the Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to raising funds for hosting the game and free to access events.