Deepak leads McKinsey’s agile work within the Financial Services Practice. In this role, he supports financial institutions across the globe in driving their digital and agile transformations, including their fundamental organization- and culture-change efforts. Trained as an IT engineer, Deepak is passionate about banking and technology in general and about agile-at-scale transformations in particular. He is also enthusiastic about redesigning commercial banking business models, leveraging beyond-banking ecosystems, using cutting-edge analytics, and developing digital client-service delivery models.
Since joining McKinsey, Deepak has served financial institutions on strategy, productivity improvement, and digital and analytics transformations. His work has spread across retail, business, and wholesale banking.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- designing and implementing an agile organization for a leading Benelux bank
- driving a cross-border, agile organization design for a leading financial institution
- shaping and implementing an enterprise-wide agile transformation at scale for a large Eastern Europe banking institution
- reshaping a leading Western Europe bank’s business models for small and medium-size enterprises and midcorporate banks
- building a digital ecosystem banking offer, including orchestrating 20 cross-functional, agile teams toward launch, in Western Europe
- supporting a leading African financial institution in designing its digital and agile transformation approach
Keenly interested in the C-suite perspective and how to make agile and organizational change last, Deepak recently conducted an in-depth interview with chief experience officers on the issue of broad-based agile transformation. He also supports McKinsey’s global research on agile organizations.
Before joining McKinsey, Deepak worked in the hedge-fund sector by assessing global investment opportunities in real estate and related sectors.