Cristina is the leader of McKinsey’s work in wealth and asset management in Europe and the head of the sustainability work in the banking sector, she is also a core leader of the Strategy & Corporate Finance Practice in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
Cristina focuses on serving financial institutions throughout Europe across a broad range of services with an emphasis on large transformations in banking and a spike in asset and wealth management, mainly on strategy and finance topics, she also has a passion for sustainability and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) transformation.
Examples of Cristina’s recent experience include the following:
- designing the ESG transformation strategy of a leading European banking group
- defining the ESG scoring assessment for a corporate bank
- supporting the post-merger integration and international growth strategy between two European wealth management companies
- three-year strategic plan of a digital wealth manager
- integration of the sustainable investing principles for a leading asset manager
- design and implementation of an innovative value-based budgeting approach and reporting system for two large European banks
- industrial plan and coordination of the IPO process for a leading private bank
- multiple strategic due diligences and M&A scouting for leading private equity funds and international banks, including a wide range of wealth management and financial services targets
Cristina rejoined McKinsey in 2015 after a two-year experience as head of CEO staff and executive assistant to the CEO in a large banking group. She first joined McKinsey in 2005 after a period of academic research and an experience in a major investing and wealth management organization. She holds a MSc in economics and a degree in economics and econometrics from Bocconi University, both Summa cum Laude (top one percent of the class).