Christoph serves clients across sectors, including consumer packaged goods, retail, chemical, durable and hard goods, and agriculture. His broad supply-chain knowledge across the end-to-end value chain spans procurement, manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, planning, and design to value. He combines this with a deep knowledge in digital supply-chain transformation, autonomous planning, sales and operations planning, integrated-business planning, tactical planning, control towers, inventory management, network optimization, and transportation sourcing.
Examples of Christoph’s recent client engagements include the following:
- leading multiple end-to-end planning transformations for consumer-packaged-goods, chemical, and agriculture companies, with work ranging from sales and operations planning and integrated business planning to tactical production planning and scheduling and order management, driving 20 to 30 percent cost reduction in inventory and 5 to 10 percent cost reduction in supply chain
- supporting multiple manufacturing- and distribution-network-optimization efforts, most recently with a major North American consumer company to identify more than 15 percent cost-reduction opportunities across logistics and warehousing and to develop a five-year road map and implementation plan
- leading large-scale operations transformations for multiple leading North American consumer clients, with work including starting a program management office, developing a two- to three-year transformation road map, and working in implementation side by side with the client team, driving 15 to 20 percent total cost reduction
- developing a leading North American consumer-durables client’s supply-chain strategy, including identifying key customer-market dynamics and developing three- to five-year strategic options and a road map based on a war-gaming exercise
- deploying a large-scale logistics transformation focused on transportation sourcing and truck-execution optimization with a major North American consumer company
Before joining McKinsey, Christoph spent a year in the German army.