Chiara leads QuantumBlack, AI by McKinsey, in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). She has extensive experience leading large-scale transformations for private- and public-sector institutions seeking to enable the power of big data, advanced analytics, and AI.
She is passionate about transforming the way people and organizations function and using technology and data-informed decision making to change lives and livelihoods. She specializes in data-enabled transformations, advanced-analytics strategy and modeling, change management, and capabilities building, as well as applying analytics capabilities to public finance and economic development.
Examples of Chiara’s recent client work include the following:
- building an innovative Digital Twin Platform for smart city planning, construction, and monitoring, utilizing geospatial AI and satellite data to offer deep insights into city development, detect changes, and ensure adherence to regulations for efficient city administration and economic growth
- conducting an advanced-analytics transformation for a public-finance authority, developing a data lake, visualization layer, and use cases, which included cash-flow prediction, budget prediction, and spending optimization
- leading a diversified conglomerate’s advanced-analytics transformation extending from strategy to deployment of use cases across a portfolio including real estate, hospitality, facilities management, and events
- implementing a procurement transformation for a global telecommunications operator in Africa, leveraging advanced analytics for contract review and pricing optimization to achieve annual savings of more than $500 million across marketing, consumer product, and network technology categories
- supporting a tax and customs organization’s advanced-analytics initiative to institute data-driven policies and decision making
- leading the creation of a digital go-to-market strategy and advanced analytics center of excellence for a Middle Eastern conglomerate, with an expected value of $200 million in EBITDA
- leading a media company’s advanced analytics-use case definition initiative, addressing more than $30 million in value
In addition to her client work, Chiara frequently speaks about AI and women in technology at industry events. She also coleads McKinsey’s research on gender diversity and women in the workplace in the Middle East, and is passionate about building digital twins to help cities optimize planning and pursuing sustainability programs.