Chandra leads the firm’s work in technology modernization, cost optimization, and value assurance in Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa for McKinsey Digital. He brings a decade of diversified experience in innovation and technology-enabled transformations and driving the digital agenda of leading financial and public-sectors institutions across the region
He has a successful track record in managing technology transformations and has been instrumental in setting up new digital business ventures, improving clients’ technology ecosystems, and driving large-scale modernization programs.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- leading the technology-transformation engagement for a leading banking group that covered more than 14 countries and digitized over 700 processes, which resulted in $60 million of savings
- leading a strategic effort to set up a new multimillion-dollar joint-venture digital business between a bank and telco with a potential client base of five million users
- leading a business-and-technology strategy program for a leading payment-processing company to transform the end-to-end value chain to achieve three times the growth in five years
- leading an engagement to set-up a new billion-dollar payment company and increased its payment processing throughput four times in the first year of its operations
- leading multiple engagements to launch new digital businesses for global and regional conglomerates across varied sectors covering financial, information technology, retail, and telecom business with an aggregated investment of over $100 million and an estimated ROI of four times more over three to five years
- leading multiple merger and acquisition programs in the financial industry covering strategy development and technology due diligence that resulted in synergies of up to $20 billion
- leading various high-impact technology-transformation programs for global smart cities and federal governments, resulting in the development of five global smart cities with an investment of $25 billion
- driving numerous technology-based, private-equity investment due-diligence engagements for global private-equity firms supporting more than $500 million in investments
- driving multiple technology cost-efficiency programs across different sectors that generated millions of dollars in savings
- advising and leading various banking digital-transformation programs covering regulatory-technology adoption, data transformation, and core-technology modernization
Before joining McKinsey, he worked in different leadership roles at Capgemini, IBM, and Citigroup, and drove multiple engagements on various technology-related topics. He holds a masters in innovation strategy from Copenhagen Business School and a master’s in digital technology leadership from the Indian School of Business.
Chandra also holds two patents on emerging payment systems and multiple industry certifications from the Open Group, IBM, Microsoft, Google, Amazon Web Services, VMware, SAP, Hewlett Packard, and more.