Basel leads McKinsey’s Healthcare Practice globally and McKinsey Digital in the mid-Atlantic region. He has extensive experience in leading digital transformations for clients across the healthcare and technology sectors. In addition to serving organizations across the healthcare value chain, Basel also helps clients stay current on cutting-edge technology. He brings more than a decade of experience in working at the intersection of operations, technology, and healthcare.
Examples of Basel’s recent client work include the following:
- helping a payer design and implement a bold digital transformation to reduce administrative costs by $500 million while improving provider and customer experience
- leading the postmerger IT integration of two leading healthcare payers
- conducting a broad-based transformation for a technology and telecommunications organization to accelerate growth and improve margins across a range of commercial and cost-savings levers
- transforming a large payer’s software-development capability to move from a heavily hierarchical approach to an agile one, improving productivity by 15 to 20 percent
- supporting a technology and telecommunications organization in carrying out a broad-based transformation of its broader technology and accelerate B2B-business growth
- assisting a leading technology company with a broad-based transformation to accelerate top-line growth and reduce costs to fund product development, resulting in a 2.5-fold increase in market cap over five years