Axel helps OEMs, operators, and suppliers along the transport value chain create growth strategies, implement large-scale transformations, and make investment decisions. He also coleads McKinsey’s work on sustainability in aviation.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- helping an operator implement a merger and create a post-merger financial strategy
- restructuring a large industrial program for a global OEM
- working with an airline to improve performance across commercial areas with advanced analytics
- supporting private-equity funds and related portfolio companies in commercial due diligence and strategic planning
- partnering with an industry group to create a roadmap to net-zero emissions
Axel has published on the green transition in transportation, strategic priorities for advanced manufacturing CEOs, and commercial strategies for airlines. Outside of McKinsey, Axel is a regular guest lecturer at ESCP.