Anuj is a leader in McKinsey Digital and the Technology, Media, & Telecommunications Practice. He is part of the global leadership for McKinsey’s work in technology infrastructure and services and focuses on guiding the transformation of enterprise technology service providers—including IT services, software, and hardware companies. After spending more than ten years with McKinsey in Atlanta serving clients across the United States, he recently moved to India to participate in India’s vibrant technology and digital ecosystem. In addition to his client work, he serves as managing partner for the Gurugram office.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- directing a multiyear transformation for a leading IT-services company, with a focus on developing digital offerings, driving at-scale cost transformation, and sales acceleration
- supporting deal strategy, M&A execution, and post-merger integration for a merger of two global IT-services companies to establish one of the largest IT-services companies globally
- designing and launching a delivery-modernization effort for a global IT-services company by applying lean, analytics, and automation levers to key delivery processes
- leading the development of a global telecommunications company’s artificial-intelligence strategy, creating use case roadmap and operating-model design as well as setting up an analytics and automation lab focused on network operations
- heading a multiyear services-business transformation for a global provider of telecommunications equipment, software, and services, including the turnaround of multiple underperforming regions and an end-to-end delivery-process transformation for core service areas
- supporting a major enterprise software company’s turnaround through M&A, organization and operating-model redesign, cost transformation, and sales acceleration through analytics to mitigate churn and drive cross-sell
Anuj also advises leading private equity companies on their technology investment decisions and supports a wide range of clients on their digital and analytics transformation. He has actively contributed to McKinsey’s work with NASSCOM, India’s leading not-for-profit association for software and services companies.
Before joining McKinsey, Anuj worked as a software engineer for a leading IT services and software product company.