András brings more than a decade of experience in serving financial institutions across Africa, Asia–Pacific and Europe. He offers particular expertise in risk management and has supported numerous banks in strengthening their risk models and processes—including redesigning origination, early-warning systems, and rethinking credit management in the digital era. In addition, he coleads McKinsey’s small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) banking work in Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
András brings deep expertise in risk management as well as small business and SME banking, helping banks rethink how to best serve SMEs, and how to optimize their credit processes to manage volatility and enhance customer experience.
Examples of András’ recent client work include the following:
- drafting the analytics vision of a global banking group
- digitizing commercial lending and enhancing pricing performance at a Scandinavian bank
- transforming the SME and commercial banking segment of a Western European bank
- developing a blueprint for digitized credit underwriting and monitoring processes for a global banking group
- helping a large Turkish bank enhance credit risk management in the commercial and small-business sectors
- redesigning the delinquency handling (collections) operating models and processes of several banks in Europe and in sub-Saharan Africa
- working with a major Central European bank to shape and implement fundamental changes to its processes for mortgage loan sales, processing, and account handling
- leading the strategic turnaround of a Russian bank, including both revenue and cost optimization
- helping define and launch the digital transformation of a Central European banking group, covering multiple issues
- leading an international strategy development effort for a large bank in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)