Alex advises pharmaceutical and biotech companies on how to maximize the value of digital and analytics across the value chain, and supports clients across strategy, organization, analytics delivery, capability building, and change management. He has deep expertise in leveraging advanced analytics in real-world evidence generation, and has experience in unlocking innovation in research, accelerating clinical development, and optimizing commercial activities. Throughout his work, Alex focuses on helping companies enhance their understanding of disease biology and clinical outcomes to maximize patient benefit.
Alex also serves investors on a range of healthcare topics across the investment lifecycle, often helping them to assess value creation in the tech-enabled healthcare services space.
Recent examples of his work include:
- leading a multiyear analytics transformation with QuantumBlack for a leading pharmaceutical company, from vision and strategy to execution of more than ten use cases across the value chain
- leveraging machine learning approaches to novel insights on real world data resulting in scientific publications, and reshaping of asset, franchise, and lifecycle management strategies
- developing integrated evidence generation strategies for multiple global pharmaceutical companies
- defining enterprise corporate strategy, digital strategy, and medical affairs strategy for a mid-cap pharmaceutical company
- advising on asset strategy for several major blockbuster therapies across oncology, immunology, rare diseases, neurology, and primary care conditions
- leading over 15 commercial due diligence, exit preparation, and portfolio strategy projects for healthcare technology companies
Before joining McKinsey, Alex wrote his PhD thesis on mRNA localization in development, and has published in peer-reviewed journals.