Since joining McKinsey, Marco has helped global energy and materials companies find sustainable sources of business growth. With particular expertise in advising B2B enterprises in the industrial sector, he brings a strategic focus to the pursuit of functional excellence, digitalization, and end-to-end corporate transformation.
Marco also leads our work on procurement in chemicals on a global basis. Working as a partner to executives, he designs strategic sourcing approaches that bring immediate impact. To ensure even greater value, he directs efforts to build in-house capabilities and digitize the supply chain—both of which help ensure holistic and lasting transformation.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- leading an end-to-end digital transformation for a global chemical conglomerate, including a roadmap for optimizing all functions and business units
- guiding a global utility’s sales strategy through a sales excellence program, spanning both the front and back office
- helping a chemicals company reinvent its operating model for central and decentral units, capturing new value in the face of business commoditization
- developing a comprehensive capability-building program that helped a leading basic materials company significantly improve organizational performance
- implementing a new model for global procurement operations at a leading chemicals company
- developing an advanced B2B pricing system for an international utility, capturing value by enabling more granular target-setting and automated verification of price points