Ivo leads our RTS Practice in Greater China. He brings over 20 years of experience across Asia advising distressed companies and underperforming businesses, seeking to drive rapid performance improvement. He often acts as interim executive or board member to lead transformations and turnarounds. Most recently, he served as Chief Transformation Officer at a large, privately held Chinese company in the basic materials sector.
His work has covered a wide array of sectors with a focus on the automotive and industrials sector, basic materials, and consumer goods.
Ivo’s experience includes serving on the board of directors of a multitude of companies, including a Chinese building material manufacturer, a South East Asian steel producer, the China subsidiaries of a European retailer, and the Japan subsidiaries of several European consumer goods companies.
Some of his recent engagements include the following:
- led as Chief Transformation Officer turnaround of a large Chinese company in the basic materials sector with several thousand employees
- implemented restructuring of retail business in China of leading global retail conglomerate and served as member of the board of directors of the China operating entities
- conducted crisis management with a focus on cash generation at an Asian airline in distress
- led drastic improvement of cost position at a Southeast Asian company in the maritime sector
- led the financial and operational restructuring of a Chinese manufacturer of building materials and served as member of the board of directors
- oversaw restructuring of steel mills in Southeast Asia, served as member of the board of directors, and led team of various interim executives
Ivo was educated in Germany, Taiwan, and Japan and lives and works for over 20 years in Asia. He is a sought-after speaker on topics related to restructuring in Asia and a regular guest-lecturer at the executive education program of a leading business school.