Badrinath is the managing partner of McKinsey’s Singapore office and leads advanced analytics for McKinsey’s Financial Services Practice in Asia.
Prior to this, he led the Financial Services Practice in Southeast Asia, supporting financial institutions as they built new digital businesses, digitized their legacy businesses, and ran advanced-analytics-based programs to capture value. Badri has also advised CEOs and senior management on business strategy, reorganization, M&A, and broad performance transformations.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- implementing a machine-learning based, multiyear transformation program to enhance revenues for a leading consumer-finance company in ASEAN
- advising a global bank based in Asia on its digitization strategy and road map
- launching and scaling the first digital attacker bank in ASEAN, including software delivery of a state-of-the-art microservices platform
- supporting a domestic financial-services company in digitizing and transforming its legacy businesses
- supporting several acquisitions and joint ventures end to end, including most recently, a bank and telecommunications joint venture