Julio leads the McKinsey office in Panama. With deep expertise and hands-on knowledge of the Latin American market, he has partnered closely with top executives across this emerging region.
In his advisory work, Julio supports some of the most important regional and multinational companies on a wide range of organizational and strategic initiatives, boosting competitive advantage, capturing value, and achieving above-market growth. He often helps companies improve their sales performance and other financial metrics by making the leap to next-generation businesses.
Julio has worked with institutions from various sectors on numerous major transformation programs to reduce cost and rapidly modernize internal processes through automation and lean practices. He also helps design and implement innovative multichannel strategies that result in stronger customer acquisition and retention in the highly competitive landscape of a growing economy.
Examples of his work include:
- developing an internationalization strategy for a leading consumer goods conglomerate in Latin America
- developing a customer segmentation and sales strategy for a direct sales company
- developing a go-to-market strategy for a leading consumer electronics conglomerate with a focus in Central America and the Caribbean
- leading an investment scan for a Latin American bank, identifying 15+ investment opportunities and performing due diligence on 4 of them
- designing a go-to-market strategy to entry into the Central American region for a leading global entertainment company
- helping a bank transform its core processes to improve efficiency, customer experience, and sales productivity by harnessing the power of rapid-process digitization, automation, and lean approaches
- developing target IT architecture for the global platform of an insurance company in Colombia
- assisting with the optimization of the sales model of a Peruvian pharmaceutical company
Julio is fluent in Spanish and English.