Zachary is a partner in McKinsey’s Transformation Practice and is based in Atlanta. He is a global leader of the firm’s cash management and working capital work. Zachary brings more than ten years of experience advising clients on transformations, operational and financial restructurings, credit events, M&A, large investments, and reorganizations. He serves clients including corporations, investors, creditors, and government bodies.
Examples of Zachary’s recent client work include the following:
- leading a transformation delivering $1 billion of sustained, recurring impact for a paper and packaging company including top-line, operational, and SG&A opportunities
- advising a leading US distributor and its board on strategic, operational, and liquidity risks, including decisions on working capital and non-core businesses
- leading a $1 billion working capital reduction program for a global agricultural products company and taking a working capital governance approach to meet dual corporate objectives of growth and credit quality
- advising a large power producer on its transformation through restructuring of more than $2 billion of debt through field, G&A, and balance sheet improvements
- resolving a $150 million cash-flow shortfall for a global oilfield equipment provider and developing a flexible capex plan to allow for growth as oil prices recovered
- leading a cost transformation at a global tier-one auto supplier, including working capital improvements and redesign of corporate center, engineering, and R&D functions, allowing for substantial EBITDA growth and deleveraging