Wesley is a partner based in the Johannesburg office. He serves consumer packaged goods companies (CPGs) and retailers on accelerating commercial growth through revenue growth management and digital and analytics.
Prior to joining McKinsey in 2009, Wesley worked for a major brewery headquartered in South Africa in trade marketing, sales, and strategy.
Examples of Wesley’s work include the following:
- digital and analytics strategies for African retail groups focusing on defining the use cases, talent needs, and technical roadmap to unlock between 60 and 120 percent EBITDA growth
- bootcamps on digital and analytics to build capabilities, excitement, and alignment on digital ambition and strategy, most recently leading a bootcamp for top-150 leaders in retail
- setup of advanced analytics centers of excellence and building advanced analytics capabilities within multinational CPGs
- implementation of multiple advanced analytics use cases in CPGs and retailers, including personalization, demand forecasting, microsegment in-store execution, suggested ordering, pricing, and promotions
- revenue growth management driven by advanced analytics and commercial strategy—including category strategy, product launch, and commercialization—for multinational CPGs in East Africa, Nigeria, France, Poland, Vietnam, and Morocco
- big data and advanced analytics strategy and launch of an analytics center of excellence for an emerging-market CPG
Wesley holds a BSc in electrical engineering from University of Witwatersrand and an MBA from INSEAD.