Violet serves banks, financial conglomerates, and insurance companies on a wide array of topics including strategy, M&A, commercial due diligence, joint ventures, and organization. She has a special focus on digital and innovation, and is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s work in this area across Asia and Greater China.
Among her recent client projects, Violet has:
- supported a large Chinese financial conglomerate with the design, build, operations, and transfer of its innovative online-to-offline housing platform—the first of its kind in Asia
- advised a Taiwanese bank on its digital transformation strategy, including digitizing multichannel, building a digital bank, and capturing young mass-affluent segments in a maturing market with slow growth
- assisted a large financial conglomerate in building models for internet finance and innovation in China
- identified digital innovations for a global large insurer in life, P&C, and health insurance—and designed pilot business models and implementation plans
- helped a European commercial bank and a Korean bank devise a growth strategy for expansion in China and Southeast Asia, including developing a profit-pool model by product lines and identifying acquisition targets
- worked with a top auto loan player in China on developing its five-year plan and building capabilities and best practices
- supported a leading regional bank with evaluating its credit-card portfolio investments and developing implementation plans and business models for strategic initiatives
Violet is also the partner sponsor of recruiting for McKinsey in Hong Kong.
Violet is fluent in English, Mandarin, and Taiwanese.