Sal is the global co-leader of our Travel, Logistics & Infrastructure Practice. He works with organizations, primarily within the travel and industrial sectors, to accelerate performance and organizational health by leveraging the power of analytics and digital. He has led significant client transformations, generating industry-leading growth, bottom-line impact, and building sustainable capabilities.
Examples of Sal’s recent client work include the following:
- leading a prominent road-fleet company’s comprehensive operational and commercial transformation, with a focus on reducing direct-labor cost through operational efficiencies, improving fleet-management practices, and managing pricing and revenue
- developing a comprehensive strategic plan for a logistics company to create value from disruptive trends, such as e-commerce, asset mobility, and new vehicle technologies
- leading an end-to-end procurement transformation for an industrial company, leveraging digital and analytical tools while building a new set of capabilities across the global organization
- leading a postmerger-integration effort for an industrial company, resulting in synergy value capture and day-one readiness for the new organization
- designing a service-delivery transformation for a leading logistics and trucking company, redesigning core service-delivery elements, such as dispatch and performance management and routing
- leading a broad business transformation anchored on organizational postmerger integration, procurement, operations, and sales generation for a major fleet company
Before joining McKinsey, Sal worked as a process engineer at a multinational computer-technology company. He evaluated operations strategies for fulfillment models and managed large capital projects for capacity, productivity, and quality gains.