Ryan serves clients across a wide range of marketing and sales projects to drive transformational change in commercial organizations. He has specific expertise in pricing, key-account management, segment marketing, and go-to-market strategies, across a range of industries and leads our B2B sales excellence work in North America.
Examples of Ryan’s recent client work includes the following:
- leading a marketing and pricing transformation at a global automotive OEM, driving more than $500 million in bottom-line impact through multiple commercial initiatives
- designing a full-scale pricing-transformation program for multiple business units of a Fortune 100 global chemicals company—pricing transformation addressed strategic, value-based, and transaction-pricing levers through multiple channel structures—delivering over 2 percent return on sales
- supporting a key-account management transformation for a global chemicals distributor, identifying more than 15 percent in top-line growth
- leading a commercial transformation at a global agro-chemicals client, including a global capability assessment across core marketing and sales activities, and the implementation of a new key-account-management approach for distributors and end-customer demand-generation program in the United States business
- developing a global strategy and go-to-market approach within a targeted industry segment for a global logistics player, delivering over $1 billion in top-line growth
Prior to joining McKinsey, Ryan spent 4 years as a consultant with Accenture working in mining, oil and gas, utilities, and other industries. Outside of McKinsey, Ryan is an active volunteer coach for multiple sports teams for his children.