Ryan has extensively served companies across food and agriculture, with a focus on digital and advanced analytics, agricultural tech investing, food ingredient procurement, and international development. He is also the global leader of ACRE—our agricultural advanced analytics center—with a focus on bringing new analytical solutions to companies across the food and agriculture chain.
Examples of Ryan’s recent work include the following:
- building an analytics tool to modernize an East African government’s food security management system
- forecasting crop yields and prices across India using geospatial analysis for a grain buyer
- supporting a global industrial company to evaluate the climate risk across its physical footprint
- leading a vertical integration strategy for a vegetable processing and farming operation in the United States
- leading multiple private equity diligence efforts to evaluate potential orchard or plantation investments across the United States and Europe
- developing the five-year agriculture strategy for a Central American national government, including export growth of fruit and vegetable products
Prior to joining McKinsey, Ryan worked for ten years in restaurant and food hospitality management, real estate, and international development in West Africa.