Ryan is a partner in McKinsey’s Education and People and Organizational Performance Practices. She leads the Education Practice’s client service in partnerships, alliances and mergers in higher education, and works with colleges and universities on a broad range of strategic topics including growth transformation and board strategy. She is passionate about transforming organizations by embedding the mindsets, behaviors and skills needed to improve organizational performance.
Examples of Ryan’s recent client work includes:
- Planning and executing upon an institution-wide transformation designed to improve student outcomes, grow enrollment and improve university position by engaging faculty, staff, Trustees, alumni and donors around ambitious strategic goals
- Building new, impactful online academic programs and developing the internal and external capabilities necessary to deliver at scale
- Enabling improved organizational performance with the development of bespoke skill and capability building programs
- Identifying opportunities at scale for shared services across multi-institution networks through partnership and collaboration
- Creating a comprehensive culture program to mobilize a leadership team to drive organizational change to enable delivery of strategic priorities
Prior to joining McKinsey, Ryan worked at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics company as a graduate of their Financial Leadership Development Program.