Rob leads the North American team at Fuel, a McKinsey company that is dedicated to helping start-ups, their investors, and corporate innovators lead the next wave of disruptive innovation. At Fuel, Rob has helped start-ups raise capital and dramatically accelerate enterprise-value creation.
Rob is also a key leader in McKinsey‘s global Sustainability Practice, where he advises high-growth organizations on sustainability strategies that transform operations and capture opportunities, while also mitigating risk. He has deep roots in the energy industry.
Examples of Rob’s work include the following:
- accelerating growth in field operations by 50 percent for a future-of-mobility company
- developing a second business with an additional $20 billion in potential backlog for an electric vehicle company
- creating $2 billion in enterprise value—with a path to the next $10 billion—for a new renewables company
- identifying and performing due diligence on dozens of major investments that became high-value unicorns
- building a disruptive software-as-a-service (SaaS) product for a future-of-infrastructure company
- shifting $6 billion of capital from oil to renewables for a major international oil company
- helping a leading philanthropy raise an additional $1 billion in resources
Rob began his career building high-growth companies at language-learning software company Rosetta Stone. Leading a variety of functions as part of the four person senior team, Rob helped Rosetta Stone grow from $10 to $100 million annual run rate revenue in four years before a successful exit.