Renny Thomas is a senior partner at McKinsey who leads the firm’s banking work across Asia–Pacific. He is a client and global-thought leader, particularly regarding technology-driven innovation in banking. In his experience over more than two decades at McKinsey, he has worked with more than 30 leading financial institutions from across North America, Europe, and Asia on issues related to strategy, organization, sales and marketing, risk, IT, and operations to help grow and transform institutions.
He has also worked extensively across a number of markets in Asia including India, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Australia, and Thailand, and has extensive experience in transformation and building disruptive business models. His work has included the following:
- building a new digital wealth-management business for a leading banking in the region
- building a market-leading securities-and-investments business
- setting up new core tech platforms, including neo cores
- building conversational engagement platforms for customer servicing and engagement
- supporting a leading financial institution in Asia as it built and launched a digital bank
- driving a rapid performance transformation of a retail and small and medium-size enterprise franchise in Southeast Asia
- building disruptive digital business models for an asset manager and an insurer
- driving digitization and sales transformation for a large incumbent bank
- leading the thought process on the future of banking and AI business models, and has led several knowledge initiatives on this front both in Asia and around the world
In addition to this, he also recently led a global effort on the AI bank of the future.
Renny has a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and an MBA, both of which were completed with honors.