As a senior solution leader and associate partner at McKinsey, Raman leads global delivery to drive spend analytics and actionable insights for clients using Orpheus—a McKinsey company. Additionally, he advises on topics related to digital procurement transformation across the procure-to-pay value chain, implementing digital advanced analytics solutions for indirect and direct spend categories.
Examples of Raman’s recent client work include the following:
- developed Category Analytics Solution on a big-data platform and rolled out across multiple clients to drive up to approximately 30 percent savings for indirect spend categories—such as temp labor, packaging, travel, facility management, transportation, and maintenance, repair and operations
- implemented Category Analytics Solution for multiple areas—such as travel, facility management, small parcels, temp labor, packaging, and maintenance, repair and operations—at more than one hundred clients in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia; driving between 5 and 18 percent savings by accelerating the analysis and opportunity sizing to approximately 4 weeks, from 8 weeks, to create more capacity in client service team for capturing value
- led the team to design a multi-wave strategic material-cost-reduction plan to achieve $500 million savings in 3 years for a leading medical devices company
- worked with sourcing, product leadership, and teams at the client to generate procurement and product redesign ideas projecting over $75 million savings within a year for a healthcare manufacturer
- delivered procurement-team capability development for the sourcing strategy of a large consumer-packaged-goods company—generating approximately 5 to 7 percent savings through request-for-proposal and supplier collaboration across commodities
- optimized the product strategy for a large private label food company, and identified approximately 6 to 8 percent savings through design-to-value using cost and value ideas across product, packaging and manufacturing