Raffaele leads our manufacturing work in Europe. Since joining McKinsey, he has honed deep expertise in performance transformations and lean-manufacturing operations, helping companies boost operational excellence, improve performance management, and optimize support functions.
Working across the chemicals, agriculture, metals and mining, and pulp and paper sectors, Raffaele has counselled executives on an international basis, with projects in Asia, Europe, Latin America, and North America.
Focused on helping companies establish stronger financial performance, Raffaele has led numerous major cost-reduction and procurement-optimization programs. In the chemicals and agricultural-inputs industries, his teams have achieved 10 to 20 percent cost savings globally.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- leading global manufacturing transformation programs in the chemicals and agricultural-inputs industries
- developing a procurement-optimization program for a major European chemicals company
- implementing a support-functions-optimization program for a major European chemicals company resulting in significant cost savings
- leading lean-implementation and cost-reduction efforts for a major European glass packaging company
- implementing lean implementation and cost reductions for a major European pulp and paper company
Before joining McKinsey, Raffaele worked for Toyota in Europe, where he promoted and implemented the company’s production system approach, orchestrating suppliers to more than 20 plants across 11 countries. He is fluent in English, French, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Raffaele is the partner sponsor of recruiting for McKinsey's Operations Practice in Europe.