Peter serves US regional and global financial institutions on a range of strategy, performance transformation, and growth topics. He leads McKinsey’s mid-cap client service, focused on banks with $10-100 billion in assets, and hosts McKinsey’s mid-cap bank CEO and CFO roundtables.
Examples of Peter’s recent work include the following:
- executing a performance transformation across revenue and cost for a US regional bank, including diagnostic, design, and implementation phases, resulting in a significant efficiency ratio improvement, as well as better client and employee experience
- leading a business banking and commercial growth program for a US regional bank, with analytics-driven lead generation, a disciplined sales war room, and risk management training program
- launching an agile marketing war room focused on relationship-deepening with a US regional bank’s customers, targeting doubled penetration
- developing a five-year enterprise strategy for a US regional bank—including growth plan and portfolio of initiatives across commercial, consumer, wealth, and other business lines—considering industry trends, revenue pools, bank capabilities, and competition
- designing a custom small business credit model that maximized automated approvals using bank and third-party data
Peter publishes insights on banking trends and is a regular speaker at industry events.