Obi is a Partner in our Minneapolis office and a leader in our global energy and materials work. Since joining McKinsey in 2010, he has served organizations across various industry sectors including chemicals, basic materials, and advanced industrials.
Obi advises clients on topics related to strategy, corporate finance, and corporate function design. An expert on mergers and acquisitions, integrations, and divestitures at scale, Obi regularly partners with industry clients, as well as private equity firms and investors, to manage and grow their portfolios.
Obi is a core leader of McKinsey’s Strategy & Corporate Finance Practice, M&A Practice, and Chemicals Practice.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- supporting the central integration and synergy identification team of a multi-billion-dollar merger in the energy and materials sector
- identifying the optimal corporate structure and performance targets for a global industrial client undergoing a major transformation
- supporting both strategy development and implementation of a multi-billion-dollar separation in the chemicals space
- building long-term strategic roadmaps (including board syndication) for a variety of mid-size industrial companies
- conducting a rapid strategic portfolio review for the top team of a global industrial company
Prior to joining McKinsey, Obi worked as a researcher at the University of Michigan. During his graduate studies, Obi authored several peer-reviewed publications and presented at several international research conferences, seminars, and symposiums in the areas of ceramics, nanotechnology, fuel cells, catalysts, thin films, and materials characterization. Outside of work, Obi enjoys playing guitar, fitness, and spending time with his wife and three young children.